By: Ron Schober, Executive Director
We may often think or say that God is good, and indeed He is good all the time, but that doesn’t seem to best describe how “all things work together for those who love Him and that are called to His purposes” (Romans 8:28). As the new Executive Director of Fellowship Deaconry Ministries (FDM) I have experienced the greatness of our God in directing my paths to help the board and staff understand God’s perfect plan for us as stewards of these precious resources here in Liberty Corner, NJ. As I walk around the grounds, I can only imagine how God has used this place and the Sisters for healing, transformation, and His glory during the past 82 years. It is my desire to seek His will and blessings as we explore new and significant ways to use our staff and facilities for His glory and honor.
We have an opportunity to serve our community needs as we partner with local churches and regional ministries to offer education, recreation, and restoration to youth and adults in the greater metropolitan area. With over 40 acres and more than two dozen buildings, the task is challenging to say the least. I have been blessed with a competent staff and wise board, but we need and covet the continued prayers, and support, of our Deaconry “friends”.
Your faithfulness over the years has allowed us to make improvements, repairs, and continue to make our facilities affordable to groups so they can experience God’s peace in the beauty and serenity of these grounds. I have listed a few investment opportunities for you to consider as we plan our needs. Perhaps one of these, or a portion of one, resonates with you, or a gift of any amount will help close our operating budget gap this year. We are also planning a new scholarship program to help sponsor a child in need with a Day Camp Sunshine or Sunshine Preschool experience. Would you be willing to help as you can to support these important stewardship opportunities?
A few investment giving opportunities – could you help meet some portion of our need?
- New roof on our barn – we need 180 sections of shingles costing $100 each
- We need a good, used, ¾ ton, 4-wheel-drive pickup truck for general utility and snow plowing
- Replace four commercial double exterior doors – large chapel – these are $2,000 a piece!
- Paint a wall or room – A $25 gift “covers” one of many rooms
- Two laptops to replace aging units – $750 each to update our offices
- Sponsor a camp scholarship – $150 is half the cost of a camp week
- Help a Sunshine Preschooler with a $50/day or $250/week scholarship